- About Us
- Training Courses
- Contact Us
Theory and Regulations
Anyone wishing to register as an electrician in New Zealand must meet certain criteria as identified by the Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) and which will normally include the completion of one or more of the following courses as confirmed by the EWRB:
- Electrical Theory Examination
- Electrical Regulations Examination
The first step in gaining your registration requires you to submit the following information to the EWRB:
- Evidence of all related qualifications completed overseas or in New Zealand
- Evidence of all related courses completed overseas or in New Zealand
- Evidence of work experience including details of work done, hours served etc.
- A covering letter confirming your request for Registered Electrician status in New Zealand and requesting confirmation of what additional criteria must be met based on the support information you are providing.
The EWRB will acknowledge receipt of your application and confirm which course(s) you must complete for registration. At that time you can enrol with etco*, as an approved course provider, to provide the training you require.
AS/NZS Standards are included in our Regulations course fee
The AS/NZS Standards purchased and provided by etco* for all attendees are as follows: The Electricity Act, Electricity Safety Regulations, AS/NZS 3000, AS/NZS/ 3001, AS/NZS 3760 and ECP 34.
Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) Phone: 0800-661 000
To enrol for any of these courses please download and complete the form below and submit with full payment to your local etco* office. Alternatively for more information, contact our training course administrators on 0800 275-3826.
Click here to check out our Training Centre locations nationwide.